We are looking for a full-time warehouse operative to join our goods in, dispatch and storage operation at Allam Marine’s state-of-the-art manufacturing, distribution and office building in Melton, East Yorkshire.
You would be joining Allam Marine at an exciting time in the development of the company, with ambitious plans for growth and a number of interesting upcoming projects.
We’re looking for a team player with a strong work ethic, an understanding of working safely, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Your key direct responsibilities will include:
- Unloading all deliveries from different suppliers and assist team leader to log them in the system.
- Place all deliveries in the racking locations.
- Preparing stock items for dispatch.
- Loading containers and lorries according dispatch notes.
- Sending items for production on as per team leader’s instructions.
- Sorting spares into relevant work dispatch notes.
- Assisting for loading planning.
- Carry out general maintenance of the Warehouse where necessary.
You will play a supporting role in a number of strategic projects for which the manufacturing process forms an important part, including:
- Working towards achieving the ISO9000 quality standard.
If you’re the right person for this role, you’ll be reliable, as well as passionate about doing things properly.
This role will involve working in a noisy environment, some heavy lifting at times and repetitive tasks. If you’re successful, you’ll need to be methodical, structured and organised.
We’re looking for someone who is used to working in a similar role, and although we’re ideally looking for someone with all of the licences detailed below, training is available for the right candidate who needs to upskill (for example if you haven’t done your reach truck licence).
- Proven experience in similar role.
- Proficient knowledge of inventory and inventory controls.
- Fork truck licence up to 16 tons.
- Reach Truck licence.
- Computer literate (ability to use basic MS Office package + relevant software).
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach.
Willing to work extended hours if required.
Dependent on experience.
For more information and to apply, please send your CV, covering letter and current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to considering you for this vacancy.